This section describes how to set up FTP connection to be able to upload and preview images using Store Manager for OpenCart.
FTP connection is not required, you may skip it. FTP is used for images - downloading and uploading images for products, categories and manufacturers. If there is no valid FTP connection specified, you will not be able to view images and upload them to your server. You will also need the correct FTP connection when using the 'Point of Sale' function of Store Manager.
See an example of properly configured FTP below:
- Server address - IP address or domain name of FTP server. Do not use any prefixes or suffixes there, just simple name or IP.
- FTP username/ FTP password - specify login information. If you do not know your access details, please contact your Hosting Company and request details.
- Max FTP threads - the number of threads allowed. Can be used if your Hosting Company has any limitations on the number of threads.
- Permissions for new folders and uploaded files set by default and account for 777;
- Cache images - has to be enabled to cache images downloaded to Store Manager.
Note: Difference between FTP, SFTP, FTPS and FTPES is in using passive mode and different port number for both of them.
In the latest releases of Store Manager you can choose the required protocol version by using the FTPS or FTPES connection:
Note: FTP account (settings - login/password) used for images management must have rights to read/write appropriate directories otherwise FTP feature may not work properly.
Click "Test Connection" button to verify whether all settings you have specified are correct. If everything is correct, you should see "FTP was connected successfully" message.
By eMagicOne Inc.