Maintaining an OpenCart backup and restore of your database is not only a good practice but a real necessity. Backing up the database allows recovery either partially or totally in case of an operating system, software,
hardware failure or human mistakes. These can damage or make the database inoperative and the data inaccessible.
Database backup and recovery wizard gives you the ability to configure possible database backup and restore scenarios:
To make Database Backup enter Database Backup/Restore Wizard:
You can save all shopping cart files and make exceptions if needed. Note, that you should have FTP connection established in order to download files. Also note, that it will slow down the process.
3. Select tables you would like to backup. Most likely all tables will be checked, but you can check or uncheck any tables according to your needs.
4. There is also a possibility to save only database structure (tables with no data) in the .sql file. If you wish to select Copy Create Statements, such SQL statements will be saved in the backup file
Attention! By clicking "Backup" button you're saving the script into the file selected before.
5. The last step shows you the backup file.
That's it. The backup is saved into the file specified above. Click finish to close the wizard.
In case you have previously saved database backup, you can restore it if needed. Follow few steps to restore an OpenCart backup over the current database:
Select "Restore over database" option and hit next to proceed.
3. 'Default database script' option allows you to check the backup script.
Force clear database before script execution allows you to clear default data from your store and to restore the backup.
Attention! By clicking "Next" button you're restoring the script over your current database. Please note, that you will not be able to undo the restore unless you've got a backup of your original database.
You can save your current configuration and use it during the next restore procedure. Press the arrow near the 'Save Settings' button to be able to save these settings to the separate file or just press the button
'Save settings' and they will be saved in the restore wizard directly.
4. The last step shows you the result. Here you can see if any error occurs while execution.
The restore is completed. Click finish to close the wizard.
To make Database Backup for multiple stores simultaneously start Database Backup/Restore Wizard:
1. Select Backup Multiple Stores position.
2. Specify any file name and directory for the backup. There you will see the databases you have. Check the ones for which you'd like to make backup: